Chocolate beet cake! A healthy chocolate cake made with wheat flour and beetroot is something you must try if you like healthy baking! This beautiful Indrani Sarma cake from @indraniskitchenflavours requires very few ingredients and few steps too. So collect all the ingredients and give it a try! Recipe from: www.instagram.com/indraniskitchenflavours
Whole wheat flour (Atta) 1.5 cups
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 cup grated beets
1/4 cup oil plus 2 tbsp
Jaggery Powder 1 cup
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp.
1/2 cup milk
Vinegar 1 teaspoon
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
2. Mix the vinegar with milk and keep aside for a while.
3. In a bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Keep it aside
4. In another bowl, combine the oil and jaggery powder. Now add the milk (which has been kept aside), water and vanilla extract.
5. Mix and add the grated beetroot
6. Using a spatula, mix well and add the dry ingredients in batches.
7. Using the cut and fold method, mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Pour the dough into a buttered cake mold and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove, let cool and enjoy with your cup of tea or coffee. You can also use any type of frosting on the cake. Cream cheese frosting was used as the frosting on the cake.
#ChocolateCake #BeetrootCake #TheFoodie